[ale] What are the minimum requirements for a CentOS server to learn on?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue May 4 12:46:30 EDT 2010

What I do is head to NewEgg and put together a halfway decent system. I use
AMD processors for everything, usually quad cores in servers (I won't have
any need for a 6-core for some time, I hope). I use systems with AMD
chipsets, as well. I can send you a parts list for the last system I built
if that'd help any, but I can tell you that as long as Linux supports the
hardware on the mobo, it should be just fine.

One thing to note: not all onboard SATA chipsets (or their drivers) support
port multipliers. I know this from recent experience. AMD/ATIs do, though,
some with support in them even at the BIOS level.

- mike

--
Sent from my ADP1 running Android 2.1