[ale] new MFP Printer needed

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon May 3 14:26:17 EDT 2010

Yes, they are still made, but you have to be careful when buying them. You
need to make sure that they are hardware modems, or if they are not, at
least make sure that its a modem shell that will work on a non-Windows
system and without a binary only driver that demands you run a particular
version of the Linux kernel.

in all probability, you'll want to see if anyone has a faxmodem that they
don't use anymore that they know is a real hardware modem.

Another option would be to use an fxs/fxo board, a phone line, asterisk, and
iaxmodem, but I have a feeling that would be overengineering it. ;)

  -- mike

--
Sent from my ADP1 running Android 2.1