[ale] new MFP Printer needed

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon May 3 13:13:07 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 12:35 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I have had good success with Brother printers and Linux support. They
> are good at providing drivers for (almost) all of their products.
>
> I _don't_ have a MFP from Brother (I do have a color laser printer
> with networking that replaced the 10 year old Brother b/w laser
> printer).

They do not provide working drivers for all of their models, and some of
them at least are binary only.  Have they started speaking any standard
protocols like PS3 or PCL-XL, or are they still using their own
proprietary page description language?

	--- Mike

--
Even if their crude and anticompetitive business practices don't make
you think about using their software, their use of sweatshops and child