[ale] MP3 player busted?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:16:44 EDT 2010

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon May 3 2010, Chris Fowler wrote:
>> What I'm going to try is to dd the flash onto my desktop and add files
>> to the image.  I'll dd it back onto the MP3 player.  If this fails then
>> I'll trash it and buy another cheap player.
>
> I bought a cheapo Iriver from Walmart, now I see they no longer carry that
> one, but they DO carry this, for $59:
>
> Ematic 8GB Video MP3 Player:
> 8GB flash memory stores up to 3000 songs, 34 hours of video or thousands of
> your favorite pictures
> Expandable memory up to 16GB (microSD card not included)
>
> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-8GB-Touch-Screen-Video-MP3-Player-with-5MP-Camera/13070375

probably not as good, but at the time i was in a hurry and needed to
pick up a cheap one for a friend that was in the hospital.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/384498/Ativa-MobilIT-2GB-MP3-Player-With/

figured that for $25 it was worth it.

i even grabbed a charger while i was there since it only charges thru
USB and he doesn't have a computer.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/