[ale] sound for thin clients?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Mar 31 14:44:49 EDT 2010

Have you looked at nomachine? It does sound.  Also file and print to access between the node and the server.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> 3/31/2010  12:57 PM >>>
scott boss wrote:
> What thin client?

Well, we actually looking at replacing the existing old neoware, so we
are open to suggestions.

> Sent from my mobile...
>
> On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:43, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>
>> So, anyone ever deal with the issue of sound on a thin client?
>>
>> We have thin clients connect to a server, thus the apps are running on
>> the server.  Problem is, they'd like to hear a sound when they get an
>> email in thunderbird.  Apparently the protocol used does not support
>> this sound.  Anyone addressed this issue?
>>
>> --
>> Until later, Geoffrey
>>
>> "I predict future happiness for America if they can prevent
>> the government from wasting the labors of the people under
>> the pretense of taking care of them."
>> - Thomas Jefferson

Until later, Geoffrey