[ale] Forcing RW on boot

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Mar 30 13:48:38 EDT 2010

These might help:

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_59_13015.shtm

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_96_11472.shtm

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
Chris Fowler
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:57 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] Forcing RW on boot

I've dealing with a server that has been hacked and mount is corrupted.
I can not remount root as rw so what I'm trying to do is pass command
line arguments to the kernel via grub to do it.  I've specified 'rw' but
it is still ro and I'm passing init=/bin/sh.  My goal is to upload
pieces off a CentOS 5.4 install image to boot into a serial mode so that
I can reload the box over the Internet.

Now I have the customer trying to burn a small serial boot image to a
CD.

Chris

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo