[ale] nvidia news

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:11:55 EDT 2010

Using gpu for number crunching and not showing pixels would be best dpne
with vendor drivers.

On Mar 29, 2010 8:33 PM, "jrtroberts" <jrtroberts at gmail.com> wrote:

 This is very interesting.  I will have to see what I can learn.  My issue
is that I am starting to research the use of CUDA/GPU offloading with
blender.  And since Nvidia seems to have the best workstation video cards
hands down, like the quadro fx , quadro plex, and tesla series cards, I am
kinda stuck when it comes to GPU integration into the rendering pipeline.
So hopefully as long as I am only using the proprietary drivers and not
trying to use anything that creates conflicts, I should be ok.  Cross my
fingers anyway.  And it is kind of funny that they would stop open source
support since the whole CUDA open source side of their cards relies on the
community of users to create implementations for CUDA to be successful.  Oh
well, guess that all coins have two sides.

Thanks for the update.  Even though Nvidia is not being very friendly, for
the kind of work I want to do they are the best option that I know of.

Joshua

Richard Faulkner wrote:

> I'm a *YES* vote for reading on your kernel mode experiences. I'm

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo