[ale] Need a chep machine

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Mar 29 14:49:00 EDT 2010

On 03/29/2010 08:57 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Emachines are bottom-feeders. Lifespan measured in months not years.
> Disposable hardware by design. If that's OK for the use, $200 is a very
> cheap price for new hardware.

I wouldn't quite say that.  I was given an eMachines system in 2003 or
2004.  The owner replaced it because it didn't have a large enough hard
disk for what they were doing (and they didn't want to put a new HD in
it, they wanted a new shiny system).  The computer that I had at the
time was a 486 and this was a Pentium II, so I took it.

It ran until 2007, it was my desktop until 2005, and then when I bought
a new desktop, it became the system I used as a miniature server.  It
would still be running except for the fact that it maxed out at 256MB
and I did need something larger than that.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475