[ale] OT but IT related question regarding certifications

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 12:46:34 EDT 2010

OK it sounds like I should probably lean towards LPIC-1 or Redhat
certifications.

two more questions guys and I'll stop bugging everyone.

1. How much does the certification tests for RHCE and LPIC-1 cost?

2. are there any kind of classes,etc. that would help me prepare for
these exams?

I haven't worked a lot with Linux for the past several years so I'm a
bit rusty. The last Admin experience I had was with Redhat based LTSP
servers and with NCR based X-Terminals but that was back in 2005. Beyond
this I did setup and administrate a Linux base Hylafax server at my last
job.

I've got 9 years of IT related job experience, but in todays market you
have to do whatever you can to stand out from the crowd as there are
literally hundreds of applicants for any given job.

I've only had a few job interviews since I became unemployed back in
December. The most Memorable was the first and second interview with a
certain "Geeky" IT company in Alpharetta where after being called back
for a second interview I was informed via email that I didn't get the
job because they felt I was overqualified for it.

To say the least that hurt my pride, I thought I was a shoe-in for the job.

Thanks for the advice, and if this got too far off topic please accept
my apologies.

Van Loggins, A+

678-316-0136

http://www.pc-repair-dahlonega.co.cc/