[ale] [ALE-jobs] Fwd: Urgent Job Opening for LinuxAdministratorin Alpharetta, GA

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Fri Mar 26 16:26:27 EDT 2010

Temp-to-perm or contract is the way most companies go in an economy like
this.  Once you see temps getting busy then you know that things are
opening-up in the job market.  Give it a year or two and I think you'll
see the full-time market in much better shape (once the temp market has
shown strength that is...)

That seems to be the trend (that which I've experienced/seen and heard
reported in business circles).

Thankfully you don't have to live in the same town you work in.  So much
work is "virtual" now that remote employees are becoming more-and-more
accepted.

This is where many of us can find work and build a future for
ourselves...pushing open-source solutions to business owners and
managers who need virtualized solutions that address the modern
"work-place" in this economy.

Case-in-point is a current contract I'm working now where all employees
of this company work from home.  There is a central office where they
can meet but it is really not used for much more than a rally point when
needed.  Everything is virtualized and phones routed to each employee's
home "office".  All support calls go to engineers working from home who
in turn connect administratively to user sessions on remote systems.
(Not gonna give away the business but I'm sure all of us know what I'm
talking about).

The Internet is where we work these days.  That's where my wife works
and where I expect to find my work as well.  It's just a matter of
getting the rest of the world in on it...that is where people like *us*
come in...to educate and proliferate technologies that can bring about
that future and hopefully just a little faster.

Lord knows we need the work eh?