[ale] There's a Distro for That!

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:10:30 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM, m-aaron-r <aaron at pd.org> wrote:
> Had occasion to be perusing the hundreds of packages and
> flavors and versions of Linux on DistroWatch.com (looking for
> a distro that will better address the quirks of an older Dell
> Latitude laptop than Ubuntu 9.10),
> when it hit me...
>
> ... sure, your iPhony may have an APP for that, but Linux
> will have an entire DISTRO for that!   :-)
>
> I'm going to give Linux MINT a shot;  still an Ubuntu / Debian
> derivative, but I'm hoping they handle the graphics and sound
> and network card a little more old school.
>
> Then I might try making an instant music server with this Distro:
> http://vortexbox.org/
>
> Or an instant network storage device with this:
> http://www.nexentastor.org/
>
> So many interesting worlds to explore, but only two feet.
> Maybe next lifetime.
>
> peace
> aaron

You know where my answers lies.

But surprising, I would say try both openSUSE and Fedora 12. They work
great with other hardware.

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.