[ale] [OT] finding cable channel content via bittorrent

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:07:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Preston Boyington
<preston.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Turns out CNN which owns TruTV put my computer forensic imaging demo
> > up on their site, thus simplifying my life.
> >
> > <
> http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/23/how-computer-evidence-gets-retrieved/
> >

> > Its only 6 or 7 minutes long if your intrigued.
> >
> > Another part of the interview I did capture and put on youtube.
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw-nOJ7af4g>
> >
> > Separate content, and about 9 minutes long.  This is more interesting
> > to me, but CNN must think the other one is.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Greg
> >

> nice job Greg.
>
> although I do find it problematic that my use of an encrypted filesystem
> and 'secure' deletion might incriminate me in something that I might not
> be responsible for.  :(

I didn't have much time in that interview to go into detail, but in theory
it is only an issue if you start doing after you think a specific civil
litigation is going to start.

I don't think it ever is significant on the criminal side, but I normally
work on the civil side of things.

IANAL

Greg