[ale] DVD ripping tools & distro of choice?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:24:16 EDT 2010

Scott Castaline wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 09:26 AM, Preston Boyington wrote:
>> I'm a big fan of DVDFab.  They offer a free 'DVD Decrypter' as a
>> download.  Basically I use it to pull the info to hard drive and that is
>> what I use as the source for Handbrake.
>>
> Needs Windows, I don't do windows.

<snipped>

A cursory looks on the 'net show that it (non Platinum) works under WINE
(set to Win2k).  The only exception seems to be the licensing key which
I don't need for the free decrypter.  I'll test it tonight when I get
back to my place.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/