[ale] DVD ripping tools & distro of choice?

Mon Mar 22 23:29:56 EDT 2010

Because the movie studios are actively breaking all the efforts made
toward DVD ripping, the rippers must be actively maintained. For that
reason, I prefer to pay someone to fight the fight for me. I use
http://ripitapp.com/ because it rips the new technologies far earlier
than other apps.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Rich Faulkner <rfaulkner at 34thprs.org> wrote:
> Question:  What (if any) DVD ripping tools can you recommend
> for busting movies down to HDD?  Hardware for this new server
> I have in mind will be a recycled AMD X2 4200+ w/2G a basic
> system drive and whatever for storage (1-2TB).  Thinking of
> Mythbuntu for the platform unless anyone has a distro already in
> service that they'd highly recommend for that task........Rich

.!# RichardBronosky #!.