[ale] marietta ALE meetings: update

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Mon Mar 22 11:19:27 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 01:46 -0400, Ken Price wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:11:46 -0400, Brian MacLeod <nym.bnm at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Damon L. Chesser <damon at damtek.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I have a commitment on the facilities for the 1st three meetings.  Is
> >> this worth pursuing with such an "iffy" venue?  If so, I purpose the
> >> first Tuesday of the month starting on the 6th.  The first meeting
> would
> >> be a meet and greet and laying down frame work for future meetings.
> >

> > I would work hard to solidify the space/time commitment.  I ran into a
> > similar issue a couple of years ago when i tried to resurrect the
> > ALE-NE meetings, only to have the venue pulled out from under me.
> >
> > Get a commitment, get it in writing if possible.  People will be
> > hesitant to attend if they think it isn't going to be there.
> >

> Out of curiosity, what would the requirements be on a venue?  Size?
> Connectivity?  Access?  I've moved from in-town to Marietta in the last 9
> months and ALE meetings out here would be nice ... if they make sense.

accessibility.  You have to have a place for people to park.

Connectivity, no so much, but a projector and at lest a white wall would
be best.

size, ehhh, again not so much as long as 20 to 30 people can show up.
That rules out my living room (as does parking and lack of a projector).

No word yet on a TIME. What a PITA to rope this in.  I am wondering if a
public library would not suffice.  It would be easier to schedule.