[ale] Any Octave users on this list?? (or Matlab or SciLab)

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Mar 19 17:09:15 EDT 2010

I have a need to produce a nice (relatively) looking plot for a
relationship which looks like:

((C1 * V1) - (C0 * V0))/(V1 + V0) = (K/y)-y

where C1, V1, C0, & k are constants;
where V1 is the independant variable (plot as your normal x)
and
where y is the dependent variable ( plot as y)

I would like to do this from within Octave, but I'm getting stumped as to
creating the y vector for the plot command.

So far my Google foo hasn't been up to the challenge, and I'm not quite
ready to join the octave mailing list (I'm not quite sure I want to commit
adequate time to learn the system yet. Shortly but not yet.)

My time constraint is getting this ready by Sunday evening.

I'll be just happy to take this off list also.

Thanks in advance for the use of your bandwidth and your help.