[ale] uptime

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Mar 17 20:25:05 EDT 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Tim Watts wrote:

> Strange. I thought reboot was the windows version of the Swiss Army
> knife...

It is, but often if things aren't well, it won't.

At least when I've really screwed up a Linux system in the
last few years, I've been able to boot an install CD as a live system,
and either, using a text editor: fix the problem, or make a good backup
before re-installing.

Laughing: That might be possible in the M$-World now.. but I have no clue.

I have done it to M$-$ystems with either Clonezilla or an Ubuntu/Linux
Install  CD.. and just barely fought off the urge to let Ubuntu install.

Side note: Clonezilla to/from USB drives(flash or spinning) -rocks-