[ale] Noob

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Mar 15 10:57:20 EDT 2010

Or if you're just experimenting with Ubuntu as you indicated you can
ignore the information about RedHad, Fedora, SuSE, OpenSUSE and other
distros.

Understand that most of us did not learn what we know overnight and you
aren't going to do so either.   The list below has some good things in
it but there is no reason to go read it all before starting.

Many problems you'll run into have already been met and solved by others
so often you can find your answer simply by doing a search on the
internet.  If you don't find it that way don't be afraid to ask here or
at any of the online forums (e.g. LinuxQuestions.org).  In fact you're
more likely to get direct answers in online forums simply because they
have a broader audience.