[ale] Noob

Randy Pettyjohn rpettyjohn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:17:11 EDT 2010

As of right now I'm dual booting my main pc with Ubuntu and Windows 7.  I am trying to get everything just working correctly before I really get into the meat of things. I have dual monitors running on an Nvidia card.

A. Cant figure out how to install the Nvidia driver. I go to terminal to run the .run file using the "sh" command and the program runs and but says I need to be logged in as root, so I figured out how to do that but now when I run it it says its not a compatible file or something, Ill get the exact error when I get back to house.

B. Cant figure out how to get my dual displays to function to the equivalent of an extended desktop in windows, all they will do is mirrored.

I'll get more details when back at house.  For now I want to get used to the system but will be eventually be using it for mobile phone platform development and other various programming projects, along with some web server projects.

Sent from my HTC smartphone