[ale] need help identifying a capacitor

Thu Mar 11 21:40:47 EST 2010

I have a highly proprietary power supply with a burnt mosfet that
looks like it took out a capacitor with it. The mosfet is a:
http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/productcatalog/app?path=/pages/stcom/PcStComPartNumberSearch.searchPartNumber&search=D5NM5

The capacitor looks like a film capacitor (a milk chocolate chiclet
http://images.google.com/images?q=chiclet) with 333J<newline>400A on
it. I've been looking for 333 jule capacitors but they all are rated
for voltages, not amps... what should I be looking for? I'm thinking
that since that mosfet is rated for 400v-650v, maybe I should get a
650v capacitor.

What do you think about the capacitor?

Where should I pick these up? I think I can get the mosfet from
digikey for $9.31 if they can get it at all. I'm confused about the
digi-reel thing.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=std5nm50

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.