[ale] in house instant message solution

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 14:15:05 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of an 'in house' instant message solution?  That is,
> something that does not rely on yahoo, or aol or such providers?  Is
> there such an application for Linux?
>
> Looking for a solution for a small company that can be managed internally.
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> "I predict future happiness for America if they can prevent
> the government from wasting the labors of the people under
> the pretense of taking care of them."
> - Thomas Jefferson

Jabber, very simple, easy to set up. Openfire is the best. But there
are other, below are how to install

http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/

Ubuntu
http://www.ubuntu-unleashed.com/2007/08/howto-install-openfire-xmpp-jabber.html

Fedora
http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/install-guide.html

openSUSE

http://www.wowtutorial.org/tutorial/52.html
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.