[ale] [OT] dsl throughput

Wed Mar 10 23:21:54 EST 2010

It's been discussed on the list before, so I didn't go into detail.
Your solution solves the more important half of the problem. The other
half is the user experience in the event of a service switch. If you
are going to allow someone to own your email and assume the privacy
and reliability risks... you might as well use Gmail. Then you never
have to change your email setup as you change ISPs.

The real kicker is that ISPs charge YOU for extra email accounts. The
more email accounts someone has, the more deterred they are from
leaving. Why would you charge for that? They pay millions in
advertising to try to recruit new and retain existing. How much would
they have to pay an advertising firm to get the same numbers that
extra email accounts would give? Fools.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Tim Watts <timtw at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 21:49 -0500, Tim Watts wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 21:22 -0500, Richard Bronosky wrote:
>> > You should never never never accept an email account from your ISP. Do
>> > not use your new ISP's email offering.
>> >
>> Yep. One of several lessons learned.
>>
> Actually, I will use their email servers; but I'll alias the address
> with an address in my domain.
>

> ________
> Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
> -- William Shakespeare

.!# RichardBronosky #!.