[ale] Wall wort for IBM 600x?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 09:39:51 EST 2010

Hmm.  The 600x has a CMOS battery as well as a main battery.  The
little ones seem to be available on EBay for, like, a buck.  The
li-Ion main batteries are more like $35.  I checked at Batteries Plus
on Lawrenceville Hwy and they wanted $95 for the main. That's a little
steep I'm thinkin', although your story about EBay is not encouraging.
  There are other places around the interwebs who claim they'll sell
me a new battery at about that price though.  I'm wondering if I can
somehow haX04 the software or the hardware to fool it about the
battery.  Shoot, if I brick the machine I ain't really lost much.

Or, if someone in town has a working, full battery that I can *borrow*
for, like, 30 minutes, I could pay in Homebrew or dinner out...

-- CHS