[ale] OT: Learning OpenSolaris from a Linux admin's perspective

brian at polibyte.com brian at polibyte.com
Fri Mar 5 16:45:06 EST 2010

Hi all,

This is a question for the ALErs who administer both opensolaris and linux
systems. If you used linux before you used opensolaris, what resources did
you find that were helpful for learning the opensolaris way of doing
things?

My specific need is to administer a system used for exclusively storage
via NFS. I'm sure I can find lots of guides to ZFS online (although
pointers to particularly good ones are welcome), but I'd like to expose
myself to the rest of the system as well.

All the best,
Brian Pitts