[ale] query diagramming

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:50:48 EST 2010

I'm getting the impression that the requirement to use graphics are a
mistake. It was claimed another person had done this but they don't have the
examples anywhere.

On Mar 3, 2010 1:42 AM, "Michael B. Trausch" <mike at trausch.us> wrote:

On 03/02/2010 04:09 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I need to make pictures of my postgresql queries fro the...
I'm not entirely certain that there would be any way to really put into
picture the various types of queries that you would find in an SQL-based
application.  I mean, you could do something like draw a SELECT as
"grabbing" columns from tables that are perhaps positioned in a
Venn-diagram, or an INSERT as "placing" row(s) into a table, or an
UPDATE maybe as a SELECT followed by a DELETE followed by an INSERT (I
don't know how else to represent such a thing pictorially).  But all of
it seems pointless.

Why can't they settle for an English version of the query?

       --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo