[ale] [OT] cartoon on BP spill blame

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Jun 21 07:15:29 EDT 2010

Preston Boyington wrote:
> Michael Potter wrote:
> <snipped>
>> The government should just tax gas such that people will make better
>> choices for which cars they buy and which cars they drive.
>
> heh, 'they should force <thing i dislike> out of business/tax it to
> pieces!  that will show them!', but when it's something that near to
> your heart all you hear is 'they are taking away my freedom!  do you see
> how invasive they are!'

For that matter, they should tax the crap out of junk food. so folks
will eat better.  How about taxing parking spots that are close to a
building?  The further out, the cheaper they are?  Let's tax TV by the
minute?  Give tax rebates for gym memberships...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson