[ale] chrome & PDF

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Jun 19 20:53:03 EDT 2010

I just now read this ( in my handy RSS feed in Kontact:)

An anonymous reader writes "Google's latest Chrome 6 Developer Update comes
with a few subtle GUI changes, but there is also a major update under the
hood. As its ties with Adobe quite apparently grow stronger, there is not
just an integrated Flash player, but also a native PDF reader in the latest
version of Chrome 6. Google says the native reader will allow users to
interact with PDF files just like they do with regular HTML pages. The reader
is included in Chrome versions (Chromium) 6.0.437.1 and higher, and you can
use the feature after you have enabled it manually in the plug-ins menu. That
is, of course, if you can keep Chrome 6 alive — Windows users have reported
frequent crashes, and Google has temporarily suspended the update progress to
find out what is going on." The Register has some more details on the PDF
plugin and a link to Google's blog post about it.

Read more of this story at Slashdot.

http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/Pq5HIhgM_TY/Google-Builds-a-Native-PDF-Reader-Into-Chrome

of course my version is currently 6.0.427.0 :(

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800