[ale] Okular-PDF, was Re: Flash Video

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 17:33:41 EDT 2010

On 06/19/2010 05:04 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sat June 19 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
>> WOW, never mind, I just went ahead and installed both pkgs and it had to
>> install about 7 other pkgs first but when it came up it printed without
>> any glitch and just like Adobe. In fact the interface kind of reminded
>> me of Adobe, but it definitely has more to it than Evince. Between this
>> and K3B I'm almost tempted to switch to KDE and say bye-bye to gnome.
>
> wait, I also run gnome desktop, but I LOVE ( and use) K3B&  kontact. My WIFE
> uses the KDE desktop, I never switched her from it, so I have both gnome&
> KDE installed, but I run gdm, not kdm. Why switch from gnome?????

I think I did try Kontact sometime back and found it to be slower than
Thunderbird. Although I've noticed lately T'Bird seems to be getting a
little sluggish and if I leave it selected to my inbox it causes the
filters to not function properly. It maybe the size of the folders,
maybe it's pruning time or archive time.