[ale] Okular-PDF, was Re: Flash Video

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Jun 19 16:56:54 EDT 2010

On Sat June 19 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Just googled okular and this came up #4:
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4131
> looks like it's dying. I use the gnome desktop, do you know how much
> extra stuff I need to use or at least try it? Also when I do search for
> it I come up with these 2 pkgs:
>
> kdegraphics "KDE Graphics Applications"
> kpartsplugin "KParts technology to embed file viewers into non-KDE
> browsers"

not sure about all that, but it does work with Debian Lenny, I like it, and it
was easy to install:
dpkg --list |grep okular
ii  libokularcore1                                          0.7-2
libraries for the Okular document viewer
ii  okular                                                  0.7-2

no muss, no fuss, no compiling, just a simple install.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800