[ale] Okular-PDF, was Re: Flash Video

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Jun 19 16:14:04 EDT 2010

On Sat June 19 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
> With the recent issues with Adobe Reader and Flash, I'd rather avoid
> using their products. Unless if they have resolved their issues and have
> a true 64 bit version. I do have to admit that the reader handles
> printing much better than Evince does. Adobe will adjust the page to be
> within the printer's margins whereas Evince does not resulting of some
> pdf docs will be missing the top and or bottom lines. At least that's
> the case with my HP all-in-one.

I had a similar issue printing PDF docs ( I had lots of printing problems..)
and I finally installed okular, and put it as my default PDF file viewer. It
is FAST!, works great, and prints nicely! viewing PDF files in firefox, I
cannot print them, okular works every time.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800