[ale] Flash Video

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:51:43 EDT 2010

On 06/19/2010 01:55 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Well, you've mixed subjects. The solution to youtube videos is
> different than the solution to Flash. Youtube supports HTML5 video.
> You should be able to use Youtube will Chrome or Firefox with the
> H.264 codec.

When I try to play online with Firefox I get "An error has occurred,
please try again later" I am able to download the file(s) as flv and or
mp4. I am able to play the mp4 on vlc but not the flv. I don't know what
is different from my F12 setup, but a flv file that I had downloaded was
playable on F12 but I can't play it now. According to the web site for
vlc, it has flv capabilities included. So I don't know what's different.
I also do have the H.264 codec installed as well.