[ale] mounted filesystem becomes read-only

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jun 11 17:09:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 14:55 -0400, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> (Or maybe a
> sadist like BOFH who wants to make sure his users don't expect good
> performance.)

I would love to take a time machine and go back to 1950 with my desktop
and a USB-attached 2.2 TB of storage.  Of course, I might then be hung
or drowned or something, being accused of being a black magician...

It is interesting, though, that even figures that are very very very
fast are still not fast enough for us.  USB 3 probably won't even
provide "good" performance for disk-based I/O, just because it seems
impossible to get the full advertised bandwidth with USB even if a
device is the only one on the bus.  *shrug*

	--- Mike