[ale] windows virus?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 18:53:22 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Michael Hirsch <mdhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu June 3 2010, Preston Boyington wrote:
> >> I flippantly told an Ubuntu/Fedora user yesterday that 'WINE has
> >> arrived!  It won't be long before we can run EVERYTHING on Linux like
> >> Windows does!'
> > with the specialized versions ( non-free) you can do games that wine
> won't
> > run, so just about everything works now.. not sure about vista & Windows
> 7...
>
> Everything but iTunes, apparently.  I have a family member who would
> get very excited if she could interface Linux with her incredibly
> closed and proprietary media device.

heh, heh. I laid down the law about that stuff at my house. I won't pay for
the hardware or the software and I won't provide support for it at all. If
it takes an IP address it will require extensive chores each week to keep
the address available (IPv4 is running low - right?).

To date: Only 1 ipod as a gift that now just uses mp3 files from a Linux
system since itunes on a friends machine kept deleting everything.

> Michael

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits