[ale] BP knew of problems 11 months before the rig blew - further OT

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Jun 4 05:39:29 EDT 2010

On Thu June 3 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Exactly. With the slick expected to reach the FL panhandle coast this
> weekend, just tourism alone is dead, now add in the people that make up
> our fishing fleets, all of them unemployed, that's just 2 industries
> affected. Now add in the fact that according to CBS News this evening
> they expect the slick to reach all the way to the Carolina coastlines
> within a month. A lot of people possibly unemployed and possible
> business failures, another round of foreclosures and on and on. The
> territory affected would account for I'd say about a third of our close
> to shore fishing industry. Plus add in the fact that the path to the
> Atlantic passes Cuba, now it becomes an international disaster, viewed
> by some countries as the fault of the USA forget the fact that it was
> caused by private industry.

there was someone on the news yesterday, talking about the 30 year-old spill
in Mexico that lasted 10 months & came up the Texas coast. The ONLY thing
that cleaned it up was... a hurricane. One day the oil was all over the
beach, next day a hurricane came, and cleaned it all up. Those pictures last
night of the pelicans stuck in a muck of oil was really sad..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800