[ale] windows virus?

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Thu Jun 3 14:59:50 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

> On Tue June 1 2010, Robert Reese wrote:

>> I doubt it did anything outside of hammer your CPU, however.  Still, I'd
>> make sure there isn't anything new in the Wine startup (if there is one).

> wine startup... hmm... not sure what that would be...

I don't either, actually.  I did make an assumption about Wine allowing automatic starting of applications, and I also assumed that Wine itself would also automatically start by default.

Of course, if both of these assumptions are true AND the malware was still there and set to start automatically, then you would have found the conditions repeated.

I'll now assume that at least one of those conditions were false. :cD

Cheers,
R~