[ale] Looking for a graphics editor or (probably) a library.

Thu Jun 3 14:21:26 EDT 2010

You left out a lot of specification. Is this for a web app? (you
mention PHP) If not a web app, what OS[es] do you want it to run on?
How many maps/jpgs do you need to do this for? If < 50, might I
suggest just using Gimp?

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:
> I need to take a map in jpg format (Looks like Albers projection),
> display it on a canvas and record the x,y coordinates from a series of
> mouse clicks.  What I'm trying to do is generate a rough lat/long to map
> coordinates table.
>
> I'm fairly certain I'll have to write something but don't have any ideas
> of what library would let me display a jpg and then intercept mouse
> clicks.  Any suggestions?  Php, perl, C, C++ or maybe tcl would be OK.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.