[ale] anyone used xnee, cnee or gnee

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Jun 2 15:31:08 EDT 2010

On 06/02/2010 11:39 AM, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am trying to use this but not much luck.  Any ideas ?

Depending on what you are trying to do, maybe you'll have more luck with
LDTP. I know the Ubuntu project uses it for GUI testing.

"GNU/Linux Desktop Testing Project (GNU/LDTP) is aimed at producing high
quality test automation framework and cutting-edge tools that can be
used to test GNU/Linux Desktop and improve it. It uses the Accessibility
libraries to poke through the application's user interface. The
framework also has tools to record test-cases based on user-selection on
the application. LDTP is a Linux / Unix GUI application testing tool. It
runs on Linux / Solaris / FreeBSD / Embedded environment (Palm source).

GNU/LDTP core framework uses Appmap and the recorded test-cases to test
an application and gives the status of each test-case as output. As of
now, GNU/LDTP can test any GNOME application which are accessibility
enabled, Mozilla, Openoffice.org, any Java application (should have a UI
based on swing) and KDE 4.0 applications based on QT 4.0 (based on the
press releases by KDE"

http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/

--
All the best,