[ale] FC13 question

Drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Jul 30 17:32:26 EDT 2010

There are times when I need to to things as root that are -- for me --
much easier to do using the GUI aps rather than the command line.
Years ago on a Red Hat install, root actually had a directory in /home and
I could log into the system as root and have the GUI.

This FC13 install doesn't provide that feature. I can create, as root, a
directory in /home. That's easy enough.  But what do I have to do so that
I can log in as root directly just as I log into my regular user account?
If I try to log in as root now, the system just laughs at me.

Clearly I am missing several steps in the process.

Sean