[ale] Using PXE to boot Live Ubuntu CD

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Jul 28 18:27:43 EDT 2010

On 07/28/2010 10:54 AM, Jeb Barger wrote:
> I havent solved the issue yet.  This is a windows network and using windows
> dhcp :-(  ..  Both of those options are not set, should they be?

If you were using dhcpd, those options would affect your ability to PXE
boot anything. Based on your first post it seems that you can
successfully PXE boot and load the Ubuntu kernel and initrd, it's
mounting NFS as the root filesystem that is not cooperating. I'm heading
to Free IT Athens now (running late!) and will try to make time to poke
at our config and get some debugging ideas for you.

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts