[ale] Verizon Wireless IP

Randy Pettyjohn rpettyjohn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:21:46 EDT 2010

It isn't a cheap feature for sure for am individual user, the $500 covers
all ip addresses for an entire account though, so for business users that
have a lot of devices it works out pretty cheap. Part of the cost involved
is because of the way the billing systems work. IP addresses are refreshed
every 24 hours for billing, its not really an IT capabilities issues but a
billing system that probably just needs to be revamped. I would suspect that
once verizon goes to LTE ip features will get more affordable since LTE is
an ip based technology unlike cdma/evdo.

On Jul 28, 2010 10:14 AM, "Chris Fowler" <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:49:05 -0400
Terry Bailey <terry at bitlinx.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just for the ...
I don't find it at all greedy.  The price has to be set so that everyone
does not ask for one.  This is a mobile device that is not on 24x7?  If
so, why should you be allowed to reserve and address when you're not
using the netbook?  If this was home DSL I can understand because it is
up 24x7.  There are only so many IPs left!

They own the class A they can charge what they want.

> I keep remembering that much of The Internet was made more useful by
> lowly graduate studen...
It was made more useful by many people.