[ale] droid bricks if mod'ed

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 09:13:19 EDT 2010

This story would seem to confirm that the bricking mechanism is real:

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Droid-X-ships-and-eFuse-lockdown/?kc=rss

Motorola says that the eChip approach has been standard on their devices for
some time. The Droid didn't have it, but that was an anomaly. So, the
message is this: Don't ever buy an Android phone made by Motorola!