[ale] droid bricks if mod'ed

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:26:28 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Jim Philips <briarpatch.jim at gmail.com>wrote:

> This article in Boy Genius Report is damping down some of the initial
> excitement over this:
>
> http://bit.ly/9JKmZ7
>
> Cyanogen is also a little bit skeptical that this will prevent users
> from modding their phones.
>
> Everyone is digging into this and the results look better than originally
posted. It seems to be a euro-version only thing (looking for a link to that
info instead of other word-of-mouth stuff). "Jim: from what i understand it
is in the milestone chipset, but only active on the european versions...
apparently it isn't function on the american droids."

still digging for definitive....

but _in_ the milestone chips means _all_droid_hardware_ unless the milestone
referred to is only one leading ot the X versoin and not the milestone
related to the pre-launch of the droid I have.

either way, a way for a manufacturer to effectively destroy the product
after they sell it to is flat wrong.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.