[ale] speed test interest.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:42:54 EDT 2010

It is not uncommon for an ISP to provide priority routing for speedtest
sites for their customers. They may even be mirroring it internally. I think
it's dirty and underhanded but I've seen it happen.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Atlanta Geek <atlantageek at gmail.com>wrote:

> So in our new home we are trying to go without cable & satellite. We
> have DSL only service from att and have not been impressed.  I assumed
> that we were spoiled by cable modems and Uverse.
>
> I checked out speedtest.net and strangely enough the dsl performance
> was exactly what was purchased.  6 Mbps down 0.25 Mbps up. Even when
> everything else seemed to be crawling speedtest was perfect.
>
> Today I looked for an alternative to speedtest.net and found a few on
> google.
> And after trying 3 or 4 speedtests they all are giving me half the
> download speed as speedtest.net
>
> Im wondering if AT&T is giving speedtest.net priority?
>
> --
> http://www.atlantageek.com

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

  Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
    Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992