[ale] OT got my first job as a Computer Professional *kinda*

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jul 13 09:02:58 EDT 2010

Greg,

You are obviously a professional with a lot of experience
with real evidence and proper process.

I'll contend that if your snapshots and casual notetaking of jobs done
ever get to court, you have already lost. You have lost valuable time and
money, and a relationship with the employer/jobber. In a case where what
you are doing is less than many thousands of dollars, it's usually not
worth going after.

Taking a few pictures is a good first step, worth doing,
and will often enhance or re-enforce existing communications.
It's good "CYA" practice and may help you get paid for such jobs.

But as I am not a lawyer, or judge, or law enforcement professional...
I have no idea how it would be properly admissible evidence
and would only hope that it would never have to go that far.

(to be on-topic just a little): The picture might show the unit, installed
as instructed, without the "Linux Rules" and "Linuxgruvin" stickers
plastered all over it, and without the button that ejects a Linux CD for
free.

How those got there.. well.. I have no idea. ;)