[ale] Request to Reduce Off Topic Posts

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Tue Jul 13 08:57:50 EDT 2010

Hello James, et al,

Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:03:17 PM, I wrote:

> Ironically, this is the opposite of the
> problem with people "replying to" a received email in order to
> create a whole new post: the result is that the new post is threaded
> by the email client as a follow-up to the existing thread.  Point of
> example: Aaron did exactly that with his post "[ale] ALE CENTRAL
> MTG. for Thursday, July 15, 2010 (7:30pm)".  This is actually a

> Oh, the irony.

Oh, the idiocy... I was incorrect in this specific example, and am a victim of an optical illusion presented to aging eyes.  Aaron's meeting post is NOT related to this thread - it merely appeared that way due to the way my email client displays threading.  D'oh!

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

R~