[ale] Request to Reduce Off Topic Posts

Mon Jul 12 19:31:06 EDT 2010

Agreed! I think the banning OT discussion would be tragic.
Specifically, I'd like to cite the post where someone asked for help
fixing a dry rotten gasket in an antique honey jar. (I can't link to
it because I am via phone.)

I think the answer is simple: DON'T POST HATE BATE! When you start
arguing about politics with a group of intellegent people, you KNOW
you are not going to change opinions. You are just hate bating. When
you call people racists, you are not trying to make them better
people. You are insulting them. That's hate bating. When this stuff
creeps up, we all recognize it. We need to end it before the thread
goes over 10, 30, even 60 posts. Don't stop the OT. Stop the insanity.

On 7/12/10, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Preston Boyington
> <preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Stephen R. Blevins wrote:
>>> FWIW,
>>>      A psychologist and/or a sociologist would claim that the OT
>>> conversations are what *really* bind us together (i.e. create "group
>>> cohesion).  IMHO, I think that gives them value, so I am casting my
>>> meager vote for "No OT list." YMMV
>>

>> The "OT List" seems to come up every so often.  I can think of maybe 2-3
>> times in the past where things got extremely heated, but for the most
>> part people here really don't want a separate list.
>
> I think Aaron's occasional comment to tone things down is sufficient.

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.