[ale] Off topic - And now, Arizona

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:49:32 EDT 2010

No.  I'm thinking of the actual proposal Oxendine has on the table to
connect GA 400 with I-675 by obliterating Morningside, Virginia Highlands,
Inman Park, and East Atlanta.  Oxendine actually took a bit of heat for it
early in the campaign, but basically stated that he loved East Atlanta, but
we all had to make sacrifices for the greater good (as in destroying some of
the best neighborhoods in Metro Atlanta).

Larry

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Greg Clifton <gccfof5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Larrry,
>
> I was thinking that Michael Moore calling someone fat would be much a more
> apropos comparison.
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Vogon?
> I live in and grew up Fayetteville (10 miles East of Peachtree City). My
> father, about 50-52 yrs ago, as a Delta Airlines pilot tried to build the
> first house in P'tree City but couldn't get a loan from the Atl banks
> because it was too far out in the country. That's not relevant to the topic,
> but you comment about destroying East Atl for a Mega Bypass to get from
> P'tree City to Woodstock makes no sense, both are on the West side of Atl
> and one can go straight up Hwy 74 to I-85 to I-285 to I-75 to I-575 and be
> in Woodstock much quicker than any conceivable "eastern passage" as you
> propose. Are you perhaps thinking of the roadway that DID destroy some of
> East Atl but Jimmy Carter killed the project when he was Gov. and the road
> now takes you to his Library and on to E. Ponce?
>
> GC
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Larry Johnson <
> larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> of the Republican gubernatorial candidates has something in their ad about
>>> how we should follow Arizona's lead.  I forget which one though.
>>> >
>>> That would be Nathan Deal. He's doing his best to out-wingnut the other
>>> candidates. I don't think he can catch Oxendine or Handel, though.
>>>

>> I live in East Atlanta, and grew up in Grant Park, so Oxendine holds a
>> special place in my pantheon of wingnuts, since part of his platform
>> includes destroying the east side of Atlanta  to create some sort of
>> mega-bypass, so that the Vogons can get from Woodstock to Peachtree City
>> without encountering any inhabited places in between.

"I see design standards that don't tell you how to come up with a good
design (only how to write it down), employee evaluation standards that don't
help you build meaningful long-term relationships with staff, testing
standards that don't tell you how to invent a test that is worth running."

                                     Tom DeMarco
                                      Slack