[ale] Off topic - And now, Arizona

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:20:10 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Jim Philips <briarpatch.jim at gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 07/09/2010 03:50 PM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> > Especially the Roberts Supreme Court.
> >
> > Don't worry about Georgia being passed by Arizona though - at least one
> of the Republican gubernatorial candidates has something in their ad about
> how we should follow Arizona's lead.  I forget which one though.
> >
> That would be Nathan Deal. He's doing his best to out-wingnut the other
> candidates. I don't think he can catch Oxendine or Handel, though.

I live in East Atlanta, and grew up in Grant Park, so Oxendine holds a
special place in my pantheon of wingnuts, since part of his platform
includes destroying the east side of Atlanta  to create some sort of
mega-bypass, so that the Vogons can get from Woodstock to Peachtree City
without encountering any inhabited places in between.