[ale] OT, Antarctic Ice Melt

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jul 8 18:36:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:34 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> I seem to remember ZAP selling electric cars.
>
> Trouble was they never delivered them.

Huh?

They deliver them just fine.  They even *support* them.  My
father-in-law has one and he communicates with the company fairly
regularly by way of email and phone calls.

There was quite a snafu here in Georgia with the things.  When he first
got his Zap car he couldn't drive it for a while because the state
wouldn't let him register it, and then when he finally did get it
registered they turned around and revoked the registration and told him
he had to surrender all that stuff.  One of the local news stations ran
a piece on the thing and as a result, GA straightened everything out.

In fact, here's a picture of him with his Zap car:

http://www.zapworld.com/zap-customers

He's about halfway or so down the page, in the green shirt; search for
the text "dunwoody" and you'll see it there.

Now, I will say this: the car is *small*.  I don't know how he drives
it, it's kinda tight for me and I am shorter than he is.  Also, in that
particular car, it's pretty easy to hit the Big Red Switch with your
foot... I learned that the hard way.  :-)