[ale] I am so tired of Linux Fanatics

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Jul 8 11:51:42 EDT 2010

On Thu July 8 2010, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> Take my stuff, for instance.  Music composition and field drill design for
> marching bands.  The former has a few offerings in Linux-land, but the
> latter has none.  The former is one of those that many publishers tell you
> "must be submitted in Finale .mus format, 2009 or later".  The Open Source
> stuff can't touch that format, and there are no converters.  In times like
> these when the zealots tell you that you need to dump that Mac or that
> Windows box that they lose all credibility as technologists with people who
> are simply trying to get work done.
>
> Sorry for the diatribe, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

a major issue I've had is Vizio. For 3 years I carried my laptop dual-boot.
There was only 2 programs I needed in Winders, Vizio & kickstart.exe .
Imagine that, the application I was installing was on a RHEL linux box, but
the program to make the kickstart file, WAS A WINDOWS program.... what
MORON.. ah never mind!
the Visio part was for the network design of each site, that was given to the
site manager when the job was done. HAD to be Visio, all the pictures & AT&T
specific icons were in Visio... + my boss SAID it had to be Visio:) OO
doesn't DO Visio!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800